Tuesday, September 5, 2023

THE Rock!

Who is God to you? 

Do you have a special name for Him as He has been with you? We give everyone nicknames . . . why not God? Is He not special? Does He not deserve a special place . . . a special name within our hearts?

The Lord is my rock and my fort. He is the God who saves me. My God is my rock. I go to him for safety. He is like a shield to me. He’s the power that saves me.He’s my place of safety. I go to him for help. He’s my Savior. He saves me from those who want to hurt me. (2 Samuel 22:2-3)

David knew what it was like to be on top of the world but also how to hide from the world. He had his ups and downs . . . times of sweet fellowship with God and times of fearing for His life because of his decisions. In other words, he had a personal relationship with God Almighty!

God has been called the God of Peace, my Provider, my Leader in battle, the God my Healer, the God Who sees, etc. Do we know God well enough to have a personal name for Him? Maybe it's time we do!

He is The ROCK of ages after all . . . lean upon Him today!


No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...