Saturday, August 5, 2023

Summer 2023 . . . Waiting for God to answer

Waiting for God to answer, or to move, is not easy! We can get in His way. We can even get in or own way! How do we be still in such a rush rush world? Everyone, even you and me, want our way now

Well, the psalmist David discovered that God is not in a hurry:

Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and He will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him . . . (Psalm 37:3-7)

Ahhhh, be still and wait patiently. How hard this is for me.! What about you? It has been a while since I have felt really engaged with the Lord and what He wants for me and from me. Oh, I have been working, worshipping, tithing, praying, teaching, etc, but was it what God desired? 

Praying . . . searching . . . pleading . . .

I think I got it now . . . after about a year of redirecting and waiting patiently . . . well at least waiting!


No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...