Wednesday, June 7, 2023

As I look back. . . . Part III (final)

Last day of school for the 22-23 school year . . . wow, it went by so quickly! So as I look back . . .
I love the verse below from the apostle Paul. It lets me know that God will not forget the good things I have done. I tend to focus on the failures . . . the things I have failed to do and the people I have failed to influence. However, here in this verse, I am reminded that God continues to mold and shape me and the things I have done until I face Him in glory one day!

I am convinced and confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will [continue to] perfect and complete it until the day of Christ Jesus [the time of His return].(Philippians 1:6 AMP)

What an awesome reminder. A seed I may have planted in a student this year may not be growing just yet, but years from now I may see the bloom . . . maybe in heaven, but I 
will see it. I may not even see how I am progressing, but God tells me He is still at work in me too. 

As I look back, Lord help me to see where You have been and where you will be going forward. As David once asked, "Please do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Please continue to open my mouth and use my life for Your glory and Your Kingdom's growth!" (see Psalm 51). The labor is NOT in vain.

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...