Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Why me Lord?

We are not alone in our feelings. Everyone struggles at times . . . even the best of believers! Look at the great prophet of God Elijah! 

And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, also how he had executed all the prophets with the sword. Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, “So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time.” And when he saw that, he arose and ran for his life, and went to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there. But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he prayed that he might die, and said, “It is enough! Now, Lord, take my life, for I am no better than my fathers!” (1 Kings 19:1-4)

Who hasn’t been there? When faced with impossible circumstances, we ask, “Lord, I did what You wanted and I thought it would work out well, but the opposite happened. Why me Lord?!”

Elijah was so discouraged he asked God to take his life. But as we read on, the Lord provided for him for the next forty days. Eventually the King, Jezebel and their regime would be killed. In fact, Jezebel would be thrown from her window, die and be eaten by dogs! Go ahead, mess with God's servants!

Like Elijah, we simply have to hang in and trust God. He has us!!!

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....