Friday, May 12, 2023

Do not take His Word for granted . . .

It might sound like a simple statement, but do not take His Word for granted . . .

(Matthew 11:28-30) "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.""

We all (Christ followers that is) love to read His Word. We love to share it when others are struggling, when they are tired, even when they are sick or even lost a loved one. However, when we need the Word for ourselves . . . like I do today . . . we sometimes take it for granted, like they are merely words!

As a teacher of high school students, this time of year is busy to say the least; proms, dinners, college signings, college visits, recommendations, and oh yeah  . . . graduations! It has been ramped up a bit this year for me as my wife and I both sponsor classes who have been tasked with planning the junior/senior prom and senior Baccalaureate celebrations respectively. To make things more challenging, my wife has been dealing with an on-the-job back injury which has limited her ability to be the active Eveready Bunny she usually is.

Whew . . . . take a breath . . . it is almost over! One event to go . . . graduation! God is able!

I am leaning on the verses above today as I am existing on fumes. We are almost done . . . the finish line is in sight. Gotta keep pushing! I will not take His Word for granted!

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....