Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Not about me . . .

It is not about me, but others! Let's admit it, we live in a selfish and sinful world. Life is all about my goals, my plans, my job, my career, my life. Really? Is that was we learn from scriptures?

While Jesus was dying from our sins, He stopped with some of His last breaths to be sure to care for His mother. In fact, all He went through was not for Himself, but for you and me! What a lesson to learn this Lent . . .

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom He loved standing by, He said to His mother, “Woman, behold your son!” Then He said to the disciple, “Behold your mother!” And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home.
(John 19:25-27)

No matter our situation, there is always someone in more need than you or me. Just look around: 
  • Who is hurting?
  • Who is hungry?
  • Who just lost a job?
  • Who just lost a big game?
  • Who just got turned down for a college offer?
  • Who around us in more stressed than you or me?
Maybe we can hear Jesus saying: "Hey . . . behold the person near you. Care for them today!"

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....