Thursday, March 9, 2023

Choices I make . . .

What does it matter how I live and the choices I make here on earth? If I am saved, I am saved, right? I go to heaven in the end. Do my choices really matter after choosing Christ?

As Christ followers, we still have work to do once we dedicate ourselves to the Lord. The Spirit does the calling, yet we must continue to follow! While salvation is a one-time decision, the calling is a lifetime of choices. Choices you and I make really do make a difference  . . . in our lives but also in the lives of others. 

Listen to Peter's words:

Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul.  Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.
(1 Peter 2: 11-12)

Our choices may even lead the non-believer to consider Christ! Oh, the choices I make!

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....