Tuesday, February 28, 2023

God still provides!

God still provides!

As I complete my studies and reflections upon Black HIStory in my classroom for this month, I cannot help but praise God that it is indeed a part of my HIStory. I am grateful to have been grafted in to such a vibrant, strong, faithful, caring, challenging, and accepting culture! I am better for it, as a man, a husband, a dad, grandpa, teacher, coach and mentor . . . but most importantly, as a follower of Jesus Christ! I am in the minority, yet as a believer in Jesus Christ, I am among family!I have been welcomed as a husband, son, and brother into the proud and honored Douglas(s) family. I have been privileged to teach in a CHRIST-centered environment of 99% African-American descent for the past twelve years. I am counted among brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ, as different as I am!

May be an image of 2 people and beard This weekend, we celebrated our youngest son, yes, my black son! God gave Michael Gerard to us long before he was born as we asked for another child. We named him while he was yet unborn, yet growing in his birth mother's womb. Michael Gerard . . . a gift from God and mighty in battle. Since birth, he has been an indelible piece of our family. He has travelled with us on the mission field since he was six, from New Orleans, to St. Vincent, to South Carolina and Puerto Rico. I asked God to indeed prepare Him and use Him and God has and is. Michael is now 21 and growing in grace and favor. I am so proud of him.


God is still providing and I know He always will.

Come and hear, all you who have respect for God.
Let me tell you what he has done for me.
I cried out to him with my mouth.
I praised him with my tongue.
If I had enjoyed having sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened.
But God has surely listened.
He has heard my prayer.
Give praise to God.
He has accepted my prayer.
He has not held back his love from me. (Psalm 66:16-20)



I say this to let you know, that despite what the world may say and do, God still provides! He is Jehovah Jireh. He is the God of HIStory . . .Black HIStory, my HIStory, our HIStory!
Celebrate with me today!

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....