Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Knocking on God's door more often

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. (Matthew 7:7)

As many students and teachers are starting a new semester, we look forward to a fresh start but also we look back at what we need to change. Even in life in general, it is good to do a reboot now and then. As believers, it is always good to assess where we are and how we got to this point.

One ting I can always do better is seek the Lord. If you are like me, I find myself seeking the Lord more after I screw up than before I attempt a task. I can look back on my failures and see where I did not seek His advice or chose to follow my own heart rather than His desires for me.

While there are many times, especially in my recent past, where I know it was just God, I also know I need to seek His wisdom first before acting. In hindsight, I see my mistakes. Looking forward, I am going to knock on His door more often before hitting my head against more brick walls!

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....