Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Sharing Christ (Part II) Now that I am saved . . .

 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures . . . (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)

Now that I am saved . . . what?

So many say they are saved. Yet so little show it in everyday life. Oh yeah, we show up in church on SONday . . . .maybe. After all, we can watch church on line now. Do I really have to be in church? (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews%2010%3A25&version=NKJV)

That tithing thing is old. Who gets my money anyway? Does God really need my money? (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Haggai%202%3A8-10&version=NKJV)

The Bible is not so relevant today. Reading it bores me and doesn't apply to me. (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2024%3A35-37&version=NKJV)

Once saved, we now have work to do! Yes, the Holy Spirit secures us, but we have to grow! We need to seek Him out, learn from Him and others. We need to give to support the work of the Church. We need to read His Words and become more like Jesus for the world to see!

Now that we are saved . . . what?


No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....