Monday, September 5, 2022

Who is benefitting from our labor?

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. ( 1 Corinthians 10:31)

Labor Day....a day to celebrate the hard work throughout the year. Question is, "who is benefitting from our labor?"

I have been blessed by God with 20 years serving folks as a letter carrier and now 12 years serving youth and familes as a bible "coach" (some call me a teacher). In the middle of those "jobs", my wife and I serve teens, young adults and families as missionaries. . . "coaching" them through life's struggles from a biblical perspective.

Along the way since 1978 I have coached teens in a variety of roles; youth basketball, baseball and football, high school boys and girls basketball and summer youth camps.

  Yet once Christ found me, my goals changed from winning every game to winning every soul!

I can rest a bit today knowing God the Holy Spirit has worked through me over the years. Yet there is still work to be done!

Don't quit! Not now. Always ask, Who is benefitting from our labor?"

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....