Monday, September 12, 2022

"Is reading the Bible worth the effort?"

 "Is reading the Bible worth the effort?" Have you ever asked yourself that question? Is all the time spent in His Word really changing things . . . changing me?

Well, I can only speak from experience. I am far from perfect (just ask my family), but in my thirty years of knowing Jesus personally, I can say His Word has changed me. I know what and who I used to be in my teens and twenties! 

After my Savior sought me out and I responded, I slowly began a journey . . . a relationship with Him through His Word. I was taught the value of the spiritual discipline of journaling. To this day, I look forward to spending time with Him in His Word and hearing what He has to say for me and how I can share it with those around me, especially my students.

I am not who I used to be because Jesus Christ has not only saved me for eternity, but He is changing me in the present as well. The time and effort I put I with Him is nothing compared to what He has done for me. Yes, reading the Bible is well worth the effort!

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...