Wednesday, August 3, 2022

I do not teach by my powers. . .

 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Therefore I urge you, imitate me. For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church. Now some are puffed up, as though I were not coming to you. But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will know, not the word of those who are puffed up, but the power. For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.

(I Corinthians 4:15‭-‬20)

As a teacher/coach/mentor, I have to constantly remind myself that is not me that people, especially our youth, need to hear and see, but it must be Christ.

I am in a unique but highly responsible position of not only teaching bible Truths, but then having to live them out in and out of school. 

I want the kids to see a living, breathing, and practical Jesus in me, as the disciples of Jesus witnessed in the first century.

So in the classroom, in the lunch room, on the sidelines at games, even if they see me at the local Wal-Mart, I want them to see me. . . but Him in me!

After all, these students are my disciples! I love them and care for them as human beings. . . living souls. . . not simply bodies in a desk. I want to see them come to know a real Jesus and grow in that relationship. I want to protect them from lies and challenge them to live out their faith boldly

So I must do the same . . . by the power of His Spirit in me! I do not teach by my powers. . .I can't

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...