Friday, July 29, 2022

Walk properly toward those who are outside

 But concerning brotherly love you have no need that I should write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another; and indeed you do so toward all the brethren who are in all Macedonia. But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more; that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, and that you may lack nothing.

(I Thessalonians 4:9‭-‬12) 

Wow....this is so for me. God has been using my pre-programmed devotions to apply to my daily experiences. Is that not God speaking?

We have had a rather strange experience during our current beach vacation in the southern U.S. My human nature is itching to react but God is saying, "Show Christ, especially to those on the 'outside'"!

It is easy to love my brothers and sisters in Christ. I know basically what to expect. Yet in this world, I am easily offended when I hear certain conversations or song lyrics, view inappropriate fashion, or get slighted because of our blendedness.

Thank You Lord for reminding me that I must reflect You. . . even as You were slighted, offended, accused and even wrongly executed.

People need to see Christ. . . especially in these times!😊


No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....