Wednesday, July 6, 2022

He still loves me!

 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.

(Colossians 3:12‭-‬13)

I am a child of God! I have to remind myself of that fact at times. I fail. I say the wrong things. I make folks mad sometimes. I don't always come through as others think I should. Not everyone understands me or how I think. 

But God knows....

You see, no matter my failures, shortcomings, untimely words, late arrivals, forgetfulness, and blown opportunities...God still calls me His child and He still loves me!

Like with my own children, even when they hurt me or disappoint me....even ignore me for long periods of time, I still call them mine and I still love them!

You see, as His child, I strive to be like Him....loving, kind, forgiving, merciful, caring, giving, graceful, humble. I don't always make the mark, but I am trying.

I have to repeat this often...He still loves me....His child!


No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....