Tuesday, May 10, 2022

What we need is eternal vision.

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:28-31)

I wish someone had informed me of many of the things I know now when I was young, especially things of God. I "grew up in church" but was rarely taught how to apply anything to my life. What I realized was from God came directly from Him as He drew me to Himself over the years. Now at sixty-two and thirty years into a real relationship with the Lord, I can look back and see His hand in everything . . . from a five year old baseball player, high school and college sports, a lifetime of coaching, twenty-five years of missions work, and now teaching for twelve years in middle and high school.

So why mention that now? My desire is to build into the young people and their families what God is doing in their lives so they do not miss it like I did! Many of our experiences as a youth is God's way of preparing us for His work in the future. Individually the experiences may seem trivial . . . a family vacation, middle school disappointments, failed relationships, victories and defeats in sports, etc. However, as an entire package, one can see God knitting everything together for your use in His Kingdom. 

What we need is eternal vision. Our young people need to know how to see with biblical vision and not worldly sight. It has to be taught , modeled, and explained. 

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...