Wednesday, February 16, 2022

It is all about respect . . . The Journey (Part X)

 It's "my way or the highway" . . . that's what I heard a lot growing up. We really had no voice as kids . . . we spoke when spoken to, if we were asked for a reply! My how days have changed! Children and teens actually believe that they have a right to their opinions . . .  and they do! It is all about respect however!

Ten days since I have journaling our journey to a new home and I am learning a lot myself about respect . . . respect of our time and others' time . . . respect of others' opinions . . . respect of others' gifts, talents and experiences . . . and most importantly, respecting and obeying God's timing and wisdom!

I have been so humbled through it all. I have seen God act the more I give in to Him. He has placed so many in our path and I have adapted . . . rather uncomfortably at times but I am learning! So many things are out of my hands. So much is being done in the background, yet I know God is at work!


Peter, the veteran fisherman, respected the authority of Jesus, the Master Fisher of men:

When He had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.”But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.” And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking.  (Luke 5:5-6)

Respect others who have more wisdom. Respect the process . . . it has been proven to work. Above all else, respect the hand of God . . . He knows best!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...