Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Why do I not trust Him?

 Why do I worry so much? Do I not trust God? Do I not believe what He says? Is it true that He cares more for me that the birds? So . . . . why do I not trust Him?

When I watch the birds fly around, seemingly playfully in the air and among the trees, I do not see them worrying at all. They soar . . . they land gracefully upon the ground or on the tiniest of limbs, yet they have no worry of falling. They wander upon the ground and eat up what God has provided, not concerned with meal plans. The gather twigs and leaves and make complex homes for their young without budgeting for electric, water, and home repairs. They trust!

So . . . why do I not trust Him?


“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? (Matthew 6:25-27)

When will I fully trust the Creator rather than the created things? 

No comments:

What do you need answers to at this time? Ask God!

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God , who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him a...