Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Rejoice always?

 Paul tells us to "rejoice always"! (Philippians 4:4) Is that a reality? Who wants to hear those words when things are going badly? I know I don't! Yet like Paul, we need to praise God for Who He is, not what is happening! He is still God and His promises are still true! He will provide as He sees fit. God shows up in the praises!

I am always blown away by Job. No one suffered so much for reasons unknown, yet he fell to His knees and worshipped when he lost it all! He did not curse God, blame God, or forsake his beliefs. 

Can we practice this today when things go wrong? Rejoice!!!



Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. And he said: 
“Naked I came from my mother’s womb,
And naked shall I return there.
The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the Lord.” In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong. (Job 1:20-22)


No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...