Wednesday, September 22, 2021

God knows . . . and He really cares!

“I have made a covenant with my eyes;
Why then should I look upon a young woman? For what is the allotment of God from above, and the inheritance of the Almighty from on high? Is it not destruction for the wicked, and disaster for the workers of iniquity? Does He not see my ways, and count all my steps? (Job 31:1-4)

From the earliest book in the bible, we see the struggles of man . . . our eyes! As we are honest with ourselves, we men (and even women today) have a struggle with our eyes! We allow them to stray far too often and far too long, looking at things we have no business observing!

I don't think I have to go into detail here . . .we all know! Yet God also knows and He really cares about us and wants us to change. We must depend upon Him, His Spirit within us, and partner with Him to change. 

    For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses     . . . (Hebrews 4:15).


Job knew the love of God and His care for him. He chose to honor God and the women in his life. Job made a covenant with God! He realized the destruction that can come from lust. We too must realize this and take steps to restrain our eyes! 👀

What about you and me?


No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....