Tuesday, September 14, 2021

God is . . . Part II



Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When You said, “Seek My face,” My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”

Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;

You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.

When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me. (Psalm 27:7-10)


God is
still the best daddy in the world! He is the example all parents should strive to emulate. As a 61-year old 
husband, father, and grandfather, I still long for the attention . . . the love of my father. I have never heard "I love you", I do not remember a genuine embrace, nor a "well done". But at least I saw my dad daily.

With nearly 40% of families in the County in which I live having single parents, this is an even worse realty within the homes today! I hurt for the kids today who feel a similar absence and void . . . from either parent.

Like me, many escape reality with sports, video games or other distractions. Yet it is a reality we must address. It took a long while . . . until the Lord grabbed hold of me . . . to realize that only God, Our Father, can fill that void.

God is love (1 John 4:8). He knows our hurts, our pains and even how to heal. He can turn us around and change us, so we can be sure not to make the same mistakes as parents. When parents fail, God is!

Allow Him to change us!



No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...