Thursday, July 8, 2021

You will not fear !

 

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day . . . (Psalm 91:1-5)


I watch the news and see of a storm edging up the East Coast of our United
States, I cannot help but recall all the folks we have served over the years after storms and disaster have ravaged their homes . . . New Orleans, the Carolinas, and Caribbean Islands. We have witnessed streets swallowed up by flood, homes dangling from cliffs, roofs torn off homes, entire homes ripped apart, and families forced to live in shelters and even deal with the unexpected and horrible loss of loved ones. Sadly, many were improperly served or left uncared for entirely! 

Though the present storm is a minor one with simply some heavy rain, it causes me to recall the spirit of those we have served over the years. I am left with indelible marks of faith and courage from victims of these devastating event. So many have told stories of how God kept them and how they yet still trust and love Him! After all they have been through, their joy in the God they serve is even greater!

So no matter the struggle today, no matter how big or how small, find comfort in the God who never sleeps not slumbers! Do not fear . . .



No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...