Tuesday, June 1, 2021

How many of us need some rest?

 Come to me, all you who are tired and are carrying heavy loads. I will give you rest. Become my servants and learn from me. I am gentle and free of pride. You will find rest for your souls. Serving me is easy, and my load is light.” (Matthew 11: 28-30)

For many, like those in my household, summer is here! Classes are finished, grades are in and summer plans have begun. Memorial Day has come and gone . . . bring on summer!  How many of us need some rest?


Well, unfortunately, we all must work . . . or we do not eat!(2 Thessalonians 3:10) That work also comes with sweat (Genesis 3:17-19) and many times sore muscles and challenged minds! Whether we work in construction, in an office setting, in schools, or at home, work is labor! Physical work, mental challenges, lack of sleep . . . all play a role is causing fatigue, stress, and the need for rest!

So go get some rest . . . but remember the ONE who allows us the energy and health to work above all. His work is easy when we realize that whatever we are doing, we are working for Him and for His glory! Resting in Jesus is so satisfying . . . .

No comments:

What do you need answers to at this time? Ask God!

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God , who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him a...