Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Who are we leading today and where are we leading them?

“I had crossed the line. I was free; but there was no one to welcome me to the land of freedom. I was a stranger in a strange land.” (Harriet Tubman) These words by Mrs. Tubman were based upon the following psalm:

20 
I am a stranger in the earth; Do not hide Your commandments from me. My soul breaks with longing for Your judgments at all times. (Psalm 119:19-20) 


To this day Harriet Tubman is still remembered as “the Moses of her people” for good reason. From 1849 to 1860, in seventeen dangerous missions to the Confederate South, she helped more than three hundred slaves escape to freedom in the North.

Harriet’s selflessness and disregard for personal safety, along with her deep faith in God, enabled her to help family members and many others to escape the chains of slavery. She continues to inspire countless Americans more than a century after her death.

Who are we leading today and where are we leading them? Many need to freed from the bondage of sin. Many are chained to habits that have them trapped. As Mrs. Tubman heard from God, she moved in obedience, leading hundreds to freedom. 

As we keep our ears focused upon His Word, I pray it will open our eyes to see where He is leading us and to whom. We could use a Moses today! 

Will we obey His voice as Harriet Tubman once did?

As it is said: Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion. (Hebrews 3:15 HCSB)



No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...