Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Grace, Mercy and Love . . . . New Year, Same God!

 

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to [b]buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12: 7-10)


I read these words this morning when searching for scriptures for my students: The grace, mercy and love that he unconditionally laid out for us in 2020 is still there today. Through all of this year, his thoughts and unconditional love for us have not changed. It may be a New Year, but he’s still the same God.


2021 brings this idea of a New Year, New MeWe plan to place ourselves in the driver’s seat of our lives. We are going to change things! We can all agree that 2020 was a challenging year to say the least! Whether we want to admit it or not however, we will not be in control of 2021 either! God is!

Yet the most reassuring thing, for us is that when the phrase New Year, New Me ultimately fails, we hold onto this: New Year, Same God!

He is still in control . . .still sitting on the Throne . . . still full of grace, mercy and love for the asking! Let's trust God with our lives . . . 

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....