Monday, January 11, 2021

Exercise yourself toward godliness. . . .

But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.  These things command and teach. (1 Timothy 4:7-11)

Sports was my life . . . . since I can remember, around five years old, it was constant baseball, basketball, football. I was in organized sports since then, played into college, and coached for some thirty years after playing. Even into my thirties, playing men's softball and pick up basketball, I played hard, played to win, but did not care who lost or how the losers felt! It was win or nothing.

Since the Lord found me, however, I realized there was more than just winning . . . . there were values to be taught and to learn . . . . eternal values. So as I engaged in Church league softball and coached in CHRISTian basketball and football leagues, it was a different life. I still love to win and prepare to win, but I realize the ultimate goal is to represent Christ! We all win with Him!!!


So I still love to exercise with my wife, work out, throw the ball around, and shoot hoops with my grandkids and youngest son. I still love, watch and fanatically support my Ravens and Orioles, but sports is not the end all . . . . Christ is all and all

I am a fan of my teams, but a follower of Christ!

 

 

No comments:

We all are held accountable for all we do . . .

Even a child is known by his deeds, whether what he does is pure and right. The hearing ear and the seeing eye, the Lord has made them both....