Friday, October 23, 2020

Bad character or bad policy? Both corrupt!

Even more, I consider everything to be nothing compared to knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. To know him is worth much more than anything else. Because of him I have lost everything. But I consider all of it to be garbage so I can know Christ better. (Philippians 3:8)

I ran across this message from Pastor and theologian John Piper: 

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/policies-persons-and-paths-to-ruin?utm_campaign=Daily+Email&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=97517302&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-83NoTy8hcW0k4H6F3ZVy1VGavbYFLujhLnscxTbVGelVlCGICraVvcJVLXEg_f6vZXPWdw_p_OVjPt3Q8ZqawK6Agmtw&utm_content=97517302&utm_source=hs_email . 

What a great piece of advice concerning our current culture. Listen to his quote:

May I suggest to pastors that in the quietness of your study you do this? Imagine that America collapses. First anarchy, then tyranny — from the right or the left. Imagine that religious freedom is gone. What remains for Christians is fines, prison, exile, and martyrdom. Then ask yourself this: Has my preaching been developing real, radical Christians?


Bad character or bad policy? Both corrupt! Both murder! Both can bring down nations! I too am at odds with arrogance and abortion (Psalm 139, Romans 1). Yet both can be forgiven! (Ephesians 1:7) I too am "an exile of a Kingdom that cannot be shaken"! I will vote to honor my King!

No comments:

Why so much education????

Is education so important?  Why so much anyway? Read on . . . “I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at ...