Tuesday, August 11, 2020

The bad things people have said about you......

 We who have strong faith should help the weak with their problems. We should not please only ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbors. Let us do what is good for them in order to build them up. Even Christ did not please himself. It is written, “The bad things people have said about you have been aimed at me also.” (Psalm 69:9Everything written in the past was written to teach us. The Scriptures give us strength to go on. They encourage us and give us hope. Our God is a God who strengthens and encourages you. May he give you the same attitude toward one another that Christ Jesus had.  Then you can give glory to God with one mind and voice. He is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Christ has accepted you. So accept one another in order to bring praise to God.(Romans 15:1-7)

Being shut-in so much has caused me and probably you to be a bit strained at times.  Frustrated, irritable, anxious, and jittery can be just a few words to describe Corona times!

It has given me a lot projector reflect upon the past as I wonder where we are headed. I have lost count of the times I have been lied to, lied on, tricked, manipulated and deceived by folks I thought I knew, yes even Christ followers. As a result I realize I have installed a mental barrier of distrust and skepticism regarding people. Truth be told, it has deeply charred the relationships I do have!

Do you find it hard to forget even when you forgive? Do you have trouble trusting anymore? I have to force myself to be live God! Listen to what Paul writes:

The bad things people have said about you have been aimed at me also.” (Psalm 69:9Everything written in the past was written to teach us. The Scriptures give us strength to go on. They encourage us and give us hope. 


I need the Spirit to help me to fully trust again. How 'bout you?

 

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...