Monday, August 24, 2020

Am I "worth it"?

 Ever wonder if you are " worth it"? Are you really needed, appreciated, even noticed? I do at times. I know my family needs and appreciates me, of course. Yet in other scenarios, I wonder . . . .

I often wonder what people will do when I am gone. Will I be noticed after a while? Will I be just a vapor in the wind . . .  just another brick in the wall?

Well, if I look to others for my self worth I will indeed become depressed and feel a bit useless. I have lived long enough, even as a CHRISTian, to realize people will use you, put you on a shelf until needed, even place you in a trash heap when done with their purpose for you. 

But God. . . . We are so valuable to Him. So valuable that He exchanged His life for ours on the cross so we could be with Him forever! That's worth! Just focus on Daddy and pleasing Him. We have to change how we think . . . .

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.(Romans 12:2)

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...