Friday, July 24, 2020

I can relate and I cannot be quiet!

Sometimes I think, “I won’t talk about his message anymore.
    I’ll never speak in his name again.”
But then your message burns in my heart.
    It’s like a fire deep inside my bones. I’m tired of holding it in.
    In fact, I can’t.(Jeremiah 20:9)
Jeremiah was tired of the ridicule, embarrassment, and shame. He was tired of hurting inside. He felt like giving up, as if he was never born!

I can relate!

There are times when I simply want to stay home, tucked away in my quiet space with people who really know me. Actually, Covid-19 has helped with that! I don't hear the whispers or see the scrunched up faces. I don't feel the backlash.....well maybe on Facebook!

Yet like Jeremiah, His Word burns inside of me! I was called and equipped to be an evangelist! I cannot keep it inside. With so much going on concerning the virus, politics, social injustice and all that those issues entail, God's Word has a definite response! However,people, even believing people, do not want to hear it.

So I guess I have to welcome the comments, accusations, and ridicule. It comes with the territory! To God be the glory . . . I cannot be quiet!

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...