Monday, May 18, 2020

nothing but the truth

“I think myself happy, King Agrippa, because today I shall answer for myself before you concerning all the things of which I am accused by the Jews....."This I also did in Jerusalem, and many of the saints I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them. ....  Therefore, having obtained help from God, to this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great, saying no other things than those which the prophets and Moses said would come— that the Christ would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead, and would proclaim light to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.”Acts 26:2,10,22-23)
We can learn a valuable lesson from Paul here. While under trial, he told nothing but the truth. Yes, he was once a chief Pharisee, persecuting and executing CHRISTians. He was there authorizing Stephens stoning! Yet he also stood on his new found faith in CHRIST and was not ashamed to share it with anyone who might listen.....kings, governors, soldiers, politicians, or educators!

We cannot run from our past, as sinful as it may be. Admit it. Learn from it. Know Christ forgives ALL sin (1 John 1:9). Believe it and live it!!!

No comments:

What do you need answers to at this time? Ask God!

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God , who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him a...