Friday, May 8, 2020

concerned for our young people


 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was provoked within him when he saw that the city was given over to idols. (Acts 17:16)
I am concerned for our young people....graduating seniors, upcoming seniors, those who can't wait to get out and be free! Like Paul, my spirit is provoked, or upset....even grieved!
.....for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription:TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you:(Acts 17:23)
I realize that our public institutions and academia are liberal to say the least. Even our private and CHRISTian schools have taken a step back from traditional beliefs and values! Like the educated Atenians, people are listening to, teaching, and believing anything and everythingmthese days. I have been charged to teach and coach them on biblical standards. Thank God for the church and school I serve and those leading us! Yet I am concerned....

 Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”(Acts 17:30-31
I pray my students will embrace the Truth as they hear the lies and tricks. God holds each of us accountable! The day Paul spoke of is coming! I pray as well that these students will stand up for the Truth and not waiver!

I am concerned. This is not the time to be shy but sure. Stand your people. We stand with you!

No comments:

What do you need answers to at this time? Ask God!

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God , who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him a...