Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Fearing Nothing but God!

And he spoke boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus and disputed against the Hellenists, but they attempted to kill him. When the brethren found out, they brought him down to Caesarea and sent him out to Tarsus.Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.( Acts 9:29-31)
 Fearing Nothing but God! Saul(Paul) received Christ and the Holy Spirit began a mighty work indeed. Just as fervent ad Paul was to kill CHRISTians, he was now servant to save unbelievers! He was tracked down hungry Jews and believers ran from him. But Paul feared no one and no thing but God! 


As Paul was led to Tarsus, the Church throughout the region grew. Why? They were led by the Holy Spirit and lived in fear of God, not man!

What are we afraid of today? Will I lose my job? Will I be able to buy food, pay bills, keep my house? Will I stay healthy? All these things are real fears, yet when we fear ( trust and respect) God alone, He takes care of everything else.

I do not trust the government. I do not trust the economy. I cannot trust the grocery stores or banks. I can and will trust God. He has proven Himself over and over again in health, relationships, jobs and most importantly, my eternal soul!

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...