Thursday, April 23, 2020

Coffee with the Lord....Holy Grounds!

And when forty years had passed, an Angel [c]of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire in a bush, in the wilderness of Mount Sinai.  When Moses saw it, he marveled at the sight; and as he drew near to observe, the voice of the Lord came to him,  saying, ‘I am the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ And Moses trembled and dared not look. ‘Then the Lord said to him, “Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.(Acts 7:30-33)
Coffee with the Lord....Every morning I have a routine. It's been similar each morning form the past at last twenty years or so. I brew some coffee ( now k-cups rather than a pot) as instructed in the bible. (He-brews!) I thinnest and smell the grounds as they are roasting into my mug (not a cup!) I then open my bible to receive the fire of His Word to teach me. Thank God He is still an all-consuming fire yet He has mercy upon me                                           even this day!

God's Word is HOLY! Whenever we sit under His teaching it is a sacred time. His Word and His authority has not changed. He is immutable! Moses realized it. (Exodus 3:5) Stephen again mentions it here in Acts 7. I am so grateful the fire keeps burning , convicting, and purifying me! Yet He has not consumed me. His mercy is new every day!

Let's remain humble. God is HOLY. We must now at His feet. We must fall prostrate knowing He is Almighty God, King, Savior and Judge. When we read His Word we are on HOLY GROUNDS.

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...