Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Contentment . . . What is it actually?

But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress.(Philippians 4:10-14)
Contentment  . . . What is it actually? No matter what it is. It keeps us from being disgruntled, angry, and bitter individuals. When we are discontented, we become petty and bitter. It causes all kind of problems. We don't trust others. We always want more. We want different.

Paul tells us in this passage that he has learned to be content in all circumstances. This is accomplished only when we trust in God to take care of our needs. We can be content when we can rest in the promises of God.

We all have heard it before: What God has for me is for me! It's true. God does have a specific plan for each of His children. However, we must come to know and trust Him more than anyone!

People come and go. At times, we are surrounded by friends and family who care. Other times it seems as if the entire world is against us. God never changes! He loves and cares with a never-ending agape love! Can we strive to be content with that?

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...