Thursday, January 30, 2020

Led by His Spirit, we offer mercy, not revenge!


And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.(Acts 20:22-24)

To have a heart for God and the lost, we cannot act upon our own feelings! We must be controlled by the Holy Spirit! When we are rejected, ridiculed, rudely treated, lied on, even unjustly heated and jailed . . . left for dead as Paul was, it is the Holy Spirit Who causes us to pray for our enemies, even witness to them! He leads us to
offer mercy, not revenge!

The Spirit of God led Paul . . . even to his death. He led Christ to the cross. Where will we allow Him to lead us?

No comments:

The verdict is in . . . .

Ever been in a courtroom setting where everyone is anxiously awaiting the decision of the judge and jury? Lives are at stake. The future of ...