Tuesday, July 2, 2019

To be His . . .

For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.  He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. (Colossians 1:9-14)
Ahh . . .to belong . . . to be a part of something great. Ever know that feeling? To be the champion . .. to win it all? Ever been a part of that end of the year, final buzzer, clock has run out, last out recorded championship celebration? In sports, it is a euphoric feeling indeed! At recent high school and middle school graduations I have witnessed it a felt it for my students. Yet as a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, I look forward to an even greater event to come!

To be His . . . is enough! To know that the King of kings and Lord of lords claims me for His own is simply indescribable and unbelievable but by faith. To be able to be known by Him, be filled with knowledge of Him, allowed to be fruitful for Him, to feel His strength, to experience His patience with me and to know I will partake of His glory in eternity one day is just  . . . WOW!!!


Paul prays here and describes the work and faith of those in Colossi. I too am burdened to pray for those who have helped me along the way and sacrificed for me as I have come to know Christ and serve Him. From my early childhood I was told of Christ but did not come to a full knowledge of Him until I was 32 years old. To my one and only church family, my Pastor, my bride, my children and grandchildren, SONday school teachers, small group members, various ministers and teachers, ministry partners in St.Vincent, New Orleans, Puerto Rico and the teens and families God has brought to us . . . I thank God for you all and pray your continued growth and faith in the Lord!

We have been redeemed and forgiven! We are His forever and no one can change that!  Yet there is still work to be done! Do not quit until God says "well done" friends!!! Join in . . .

https://www.gofundme.com/f/PuertoRicoCHRISTmas?sharetype=teams&member=1013826&rcid=r01-156206208898-d7327d3e0a744d14&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w


No comments:

What do you need answers to at this time? Ask God!

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God , who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him a...