Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Don't be selfish with the Cross!

 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."(Matthew 6:14-15)
Don't be selfish with the Cross!  God has forgiven me billions of times over my life. I have definitely lost track. Yet I can still recall the hurt and pain others have caused me. Not only can I recall them, but still feel the hurt and pain at times! Yet Jesus informed us that if we do not forgive those that wrong us, He will not forgive us!

The psalmist tells us that God not only forgives, but forgets!(Psalm 103:12) Easy for God maybe, but hard for us. We not only recall how others have hurt us, but we even beat ourselves up with our own past!

Don't be selfish with the Cross! If Jesus did all that to remove our sin, then embrace it as He did! Accept it. Share it. Believe it! Live it! There is forgiveness and freedom in the Cross of Christ! It is available to all who choose to accept it.

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...