Friday, February 8, 2019

Actions Influene Louder Than Words!

Nebuchadnezzar spoke, saying, “Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego, who sent His Angel and delivered His servants who trusted in Him, and they have frustrated the king’s word, and yielded their bodies, that they should not serve nor worship any god except their own God! Therefore I make a decree that any people, nation, or language which speaks anything amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made an ash heap; because there is no other God who can deliver like this.” Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego in the province of Babylon.(Daniel 3:28-30)
 Actions influene louder than words! We all played follow the leader, right? They did not really speak. We followed and mimicked their actions! We see the same result here with Daniel's buddies as they decided to trust God despite the circumstance. As a result, even the king now honored their God!

In sports, team leaders show by example much more than words.

My boyhood hero, Frank Robinson just passed away Feb. 7. I watched his every move in a game and read every word written about him. He was known for his tenacity, grit, and aggressive style. He would never back down and never quit. Though facing bitter racism, he chose to let his play answer the critics and not his anger or frustration. I believe a bit of his style rubbed off on me. It has even helped me in my faith.

As I am challenged by situations and even by particular people, I am reminded of the bigger picture: the example I am setting and the legacy I am leaving behind. Someone is watching!

Thank You for the heroes of my life. Perhaps I can be a hero to one or two? Allow my actions to influence louder than my words, unless You want me to speak!

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...