Friday, March 23, 2018

I have no choice....

 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.(John 15:12-15)
What a challenge to love anyone today. Yet when we look at love in a biblical sense, as Jesus loved, it becomes clearer if not easier.

Jesus demonstrated love through the ultimate sacrifice of His life. It wasn't enough to leave the perfect confines of heaven, He came to a sin-wrecked earth and gave His very blood so we could be called friends of God!

Jesus says I am His friend . . . but only if I do as He commands: LOVE OTHERS! So really, I have no choice!

Lord, help me to love others out of love for You!( John 14:15)

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...