Tuesday, April 5, 2016

What now Lord?

I am worn out , O Lord, have pity on me! Give me strength; I am completely exhausted and my whole being is deeply troubled. How long, O Lord, will you wait to help me? Come and save me Lord; in Your mercy rescue me from death. In the world of the dead you are not remembered; no one can praise You there. I am worn out with grief; every night my bed is damp from my weeping . . . the Lord hears my weeping ; He listens to my cry for help and WILL answer my prayer . . . (Psalm 6:2-9)
David writes this psalm of lament in times of great affliction, beginning with a heartfelt affliction yet it ends with praise for the God who knows all of our sorrows. Though he is going through a battle, he knows God will give him peace in the middle of it. Broken as he is, he can trust the God who has pulled him through time and time again. Though David was a mighty man of valor, he would go to the Lord weeping and pouring out his heart . . . his heart which we know was seeking the heart of God! As we go through, as we lean upon the Living God, we must look back at how God has delivered us previously. Past success brings present hope! Each test is a chance to bring God glory and strengthen our faith and the faith of those around us. Those in hell do not praise God, but those of us who know Him can choose to praise Him, even in the midst of troubles! Wait, I say, upon the Lord! (Isaiah 40:31)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's ok to cry out to the lord, because your pray can be answered, it's wrong for a man to cry, but when they cry is the problem.

Anonymous said...

When David was young, he went through experience in fighting. This prepared him for a kingdom of his own. ��������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...