Thursday, January 28, 2016

Still a Child at Heart

Be kindly affectionate toward one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality. . .be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. (Romans 12:10-16)


As a teacher and missionary to young teens and families, I am learning how important it is to remain humble. I see my own shortcomings in the kids I work with every day. I see the basic needs for attention, affection, and genuine care and concern. I can better understand why a young teen will act out in class if I know he is left alone at home to a video game or phone most days and evenings. 


If there is not positive interaction in the home, I understand the cry for help in the classroom or on the streets. I have found out that I do not know it all just because I was a kid at one point in life: I have to understand what it means to be a teen today


Teaching and mentoring is indeed a humbling experience. 


In God's perspective, I also see my desperate need for His affection, His grace, His forgiveness, and His approval. I still need my Father's love! What about you? What about the young people under your influence? Take the time to care, love, listen, embrace . . . It's not too late!

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...