Sunday, October 26, 2014

It's Not About Fitting in . . .

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:14)
I am not your average cookie-cutter CHRISTian. Very often, I do not fit the mold of what is expected. I can be taken wrongly at times . . . misunderstood . . . misquoted . . . mistaken. Often I feel like one of the toys on "Misfit Island" . . . "I'll never fit in . . ." But it's ok . . .
I am sure of this one thing however: God knows me and I know Him! I cannot and will not always please people!
Often times as a believer we can find ourselves walking alone even though we are walking with God. While there are indeed times we are walking in sin and really alone, be assured not everyone will agree with us or desire to partner with us when we are in God's will! I remember a man who once walked this earth who was rejected by family, falsely accused by friends and enemies alike, and even rejected by His church family. In fact, many desired to see Him dead! Yet He persevered to accomplish His Father's will in life.
But God chose you to be his people. You are royal priests. You are a holy nation. You are a people who belong to God. All of this is so that you can sing his praises. He brought you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (1 Peter 2:9)
We are called by God to stand out, not fit in. We are called out to be peculiar and separate from the crowd. So I am ok with who I am and God has reassured me that I belong to Him. He has a very unique and yes, unusual plan for me.

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...