Thursday, October 23, 2014

Be Real With Yourself

“I love God’s law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.” (Romans 7:22-23 NLT)
I read just yesterday that if we say we do not sin, we are liars. (1 John 1:8)I so believe that! It's a daily struggle. But I must say, it is a battle Christ is winning within me. The more I spend time in His Word and just with Him, the more I recognize the signs of temptation.I can see the sin coming around the bend at times and take steps to ward it off. I often tell young and old alike that though we may never become sinless in this wretched flesh,we can sin less and less day by day. Being real with ourselves, we can agree with God about the sin that so easily besets us (Hebrews 12:1)and make a plan to avoid and conquer it! What are some practical steps to take to battle this sin nature? I am so glad you asked:
*Daily reading of His Word, listening to CHRISTian music; *devoting our time to study His Word and make practical application; *surrounding ourselves with good, honest CHRISTian comrades who are willing to fight with us; *corporate worship on a regular basis at a Bible-teaching church; *small group studies; *honest assessments of ourselves.
God will not force us to obey. Satan will be excited for us to do nothing at all. The decision is yours and mine. Are we willing to put in the work?

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...