Thursday, April 18, 2013

Counter-Cultural

And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.(Luke 14:27)
To be a CHRISTian, one is required to make some tough decisions. To truly be a disciple of CHRIST, one must first decide to follow HIM and learn from HIM. This alone requires a shift in thinking! It means one can no longer be a part of the crowd, politically correct, or one of the boys! God does not think like the world nor act like the world. He is counter-cultural! Yes, the believer is to be in the world . . . but not of the world.
I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified. (John 17:14-19)
It was Jesus' prayer that we not be rescued from this world, but that we influence this world. We are to make deliberate decisions to live for CHRIST so the world may see HIM through us. This requires deliberate action on our part . . . to pick up the cross, the burden, the role GOD has set out just for us. Each of us has a particular job to do in our lives for the KINGDOM.
What is your role? We are just nobdies in this world, so as a citizen of heaven, we must be counter-cultural to this present world!

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...