Friday, October 12, 2012

God has this!

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.(2 Corinthians 4:7-12)
I still am in awe of the fact that Jesus wants to use me! This broken human vessel . . . not just broken physically with arthritis, bursitis, and and other midle age afflictions, but a spiritual wreck as well. Most people would choose the best person available for a job, but God chose me? I sometimes wonder aloud what God saw in me? How could He possible think that I could be used (along with my bride) to help youth and families when we have a long way to go with our own family! It amazes me daily yet God did choose us and He continues to use us! So I know it must be Him and nothing about me. We face constant challenges. We face daily trials emotionally, physically, financially, and relationally. Yet God renews us daily as we remain dependent upon Him. We know we cannot possibly serve Him on our own merits . . . we have none! It is all His grace. It is Him living through us. I am nothing but a filthy rag in His sight and in most people's sight as well. What a privilege to serve our God! Not my life, but God living through me (Galatians 2:20). . . . am I am loving every minute of it knowing God has me in His hand! It may not always feel good or look great . . . but God has this!

No comments:

We need more!

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. (Proverbs 9:10) I know it sounds so very b...