Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Not Awesome, Just Me!

As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.”
(Romans 3 :10-12)

I am reminded daily that no matter what my family and friends might say about me it is what God knows about me. . .I am not awesome, just me! I am a sinner and I do not need anyone to remind me of that. I mess up often enough to know it for myself. Whether it is at home, at work, or just in my heart, I blow it daily! Not seeking God enough, not paying enough attention to my bride, blowing it with the kids, being selfish . . .


Just as I am, though tossed about With many a conflict, many a doubt;Fightings within, and fears without,O Lamb of God, I come, I come!
(Lyrics:Charlotte Elliott (1789-1871)

Over the years I want to believe I am better than I was yesterday. However, the more I want to believe it, the more I realize it has nothing to do with me. Any change in me is because of God. Left alone to myself, I am worthless . . . just a nobody!

So with God's guidance, I do my best to live by these words . . . .

I'm just a nobody trying to tell everybody,about somebody, who can save anybody.
(The Williams Brothers)

God is awesome, I am just me!

No comments:

unity throughout . . . imagine the impact

 Let's face it, God wants us to be one . Jesus was clear in His High-Priest prayer before going to His death:  “I do not pray for these ...