Friday, July 18, 2008

07 18 08 God alone is God

“You are great. You do wonderful things.
You alone are God.
Lord, teach me how you want me to live.
Then I will follow your truth.
Give me a heart that doesn't want anything
more than to worship you.
Lord my God, I will praise you with all my heart.
I will bring glory to you forever.”
(Psalm 86:10-12 NIrV)


This psalm of lament is one where David speaks of his lowly condition, yet the joy in knowing that God is yet so merciful and wonderful in all His ways. David desires to learn more about himself and the God he serves, so he is able to praise Him and serve Him all his days. Even in distress and under attack, David seeks to praise God and bring glory to His name. David realizes, GOD ALONE IS GOD; all by Himself.

Only God can do the things He does and do them the way He does. At times, He is not easy to understand. His ways are not our ways. Many times He speaks and works in special ways to specific individuals. God is unchanging and consistent, but He still can be unpredictable and unique. At times we don’t know why, we don’t know how, we don’t know when, but we know GOD ALONE IS GOD!

My desire is to have not only the heart of David, but the intimate relationship with God he had as well. I want all I do to honor God and I desire to please Him in every aspect of my life. I want my heart to be on one accord with God’s heart. No matter my condition or the environment I might be in, I want to be at peace with Him and in intimate fellowship with Him. As David said, “teach me how you want me to live”, then I can handle any situation while still bringing Him glory!

I may not understand all that is going around me, but I can understand that GOD ALONE IS GOD! I can rest in that! He alone is my DADDY and I am His child. As He teaches me His ways, I give Him free reign in my life and I desire to honor Him with all my heart and bring Him glory forever. He does wonderful things and I worship Him…GOD ALONE!

No comments:

We need more!

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. (Proverbs 9:10) I know it sounds so very b...