Monday, October 27, 2014

Sharing Faith on Social Media. .

Let wise people listen and add to what they have learned. Let those who understand what is right get guidance. What I’m teaching also helps you understand proverbs and stories. It helps you understand the sayings and riddles of those who are wise. If you really want to gain knowledge, you must begin by having respect for the Lord. But foolish people hate wisdom and training. (Proverbs 1:5-7)
One reason I love social media is to see, hear, and join in on the many conversations. I must admit, they can e interesting! So many trying to prove themselves right or prove someone else wrong. I often wonder how Jesus would handle Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the like . . . I do believe He would participate, because He was a sociable person who loved conversation. I also think we would meet Him at Panera, Starbucks and the ballgames too, but that's another topic! While I love the interaction, I do not enjoy so many trying to make people believe lies and sway folks by popular opinion. This is especially true in the CHRISTian conversations. While I love a good debate, there are some things not simply are NOT debatable and other topics we could really enjoy debating without getting angry or offended. Facts are facts yet we can still share opinions and suggestions to further challenge our faith. I learn many things I previously did not know but also am strengthened in my faith by sharing in chats, tweets, and comments . . . whether I agree or disagree! I may have helped someone else along the way . . .
If any of you need wisdom, ask God for it. He will give it to you. God gives freely to everyone. He doesn’t find fault. But when you ask, you MUST believe. You must not doubt. People who doubt are like waves of the sea. The wind blows and tosses them around. (James 1:5-6)
Social media is a great way to get out the TRUTH to many, but are we making ourselves look foolish too often? What do you think about social media and CHRISTian conversation?

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...