Friday, December 9, 2011

In too deep to quit

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
(Galatians 6:9)

I am in too deep to quit . . . God has me and I will not give up!

I firmly believe what God has called me to do and I will not quit. Despite financial ups and downs, despite the criticisms of those who doubt, despite the remarks of those who just do not know. . . I press on . . . crawling at times, but nevertheless continuing to move forward!

Many times (since God called my wife and me into ministry) we have many logical reasons to throw in the towel. Whether it was a lack of support, illness, family struggles, or discouraging words from others.

But God never quits on us and we will not quit on Him! This is His work and we are just nobodies being used by God to accomplish His will. We may never see the results and our simple efforts may take generations to show fruit. God's plan will be carried out.

He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
(Revelation 22:20)

We know God is at work and we are so grateful He asked us to join with Him. We work until He either calls us home or He comes back. Nothing or no one on this earth will stop our efforts. God is able to sustain us through it all.

No comments:

Draft Day . . . what we see and what we do not see right now.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light aff...